Other University

Transferring Credit: Other University

Applying courses taken at another four-year university of college to your UCSC major requires UCSC faculty approval.  The course you wish to receive credit for must be articulated (reviewed by faculty) to determine if it will be accepted in satisfaction of major requirements.

Articulations can take 2-4 weeks to process.  Do not wait until the last minute to submit your request.  Education Abroad Program students are required to articulate their proposed coursework prior to going abroad.

Regardless of the grading scale at the university you are attending, you must complete the course with a C or better to receive credit at UCSC.  Courses with a grade of C- can not be used to fulfill major requirements.

Follow these instructions to submit a course for Articulation:

1.  Obtain a copy of the course description and syllabus for the course you wish to articulate.  The syllabus should include a week-by-week list of lecture topics, the textbook used, and the means by which the course was evaluated.  Include any other course materials available.

2.  Download and complete an Articulation Form.

3.  Using the UCSC General Catalog, determine if there is a similar course taught here at UCSC.  If there is a similar course, indicate that course on the articulation form.  If there is not a similar course, indicate the credit you hope to receive for the course, i.e. upper-division elective credit.

4.  Submit the course materials and completed articulation form to Undergraduate Affairs. Email to epsadvisng@ucsc.edu is the best way to submit your materials.  Materials can also be submitted as hard copies.

Your requested articulation will be reviewed by a faculty member and you will be notified of the outcome by email.